Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Free 99!!




On Saturday I went boating with my friends, and there she was... FREE 99!! What a beauty. Literally there was a sign that said, "Free Piano." I about jumped out of my seat! Travis had to hold me back from jumping out of the car! He promised we'd go and ask the owners about it after boating. Well one thing lead to another and we forgot about free 99.

I couldn't stop thinking about her on Sunday. I wanted to claim her, and make sure she was MINE. Then came Monday, and I was too busy to even think straight. Then today was here. On my way home from work I decided to drive by the house to see if free was still there. SHE WAS!!!! I screeched the car to a halt and jumped out. I banged on the door several times and laid on the doorbell. No one answered. Franticly I got a paper and pen from my purse and scribbled a note begging the owners to save it for me. I left my number and pleaded for them to call me. I was literally praying on my way home, wanting the piano so bad that I swear I could cry if it wasn't mine. We had been looking into buying a piano over the past few months and they are expensive! We saw another piano on the side of the road that said "accepting offers" but it was a P.O.C! The people wanted way too much for it and it had a LOT of work to be done, including replacing all the wood, sound board, keys and strings! Might as well build my own or something. LAME-O!! My hopes and dreams of having my own piano were shattered. Better luck next time, I guess.

UNTIL TODAY!!! The owner called me within an hour and told me I could have her! He told me he couldn't guarantee she was mine because several people were interested. I was the only gem to leave a note. I think he liked me. :) The hard part was how to transport it to my house! We had some AWESOME help, my brother Spence and our friend Chris came to help us. Slowly but surely and in only 1 1/2 hours free 99 was safe, inside my house! MINE, ALL MINE!!!! She does need some work, but nothing compared to the other POC. Plus our home teacher used to work at piano gallery and he has already given us TONS of connections!

I could NOT be happier. And may I just add that truly this is another blessing from the Lord! I am being blessed more than I can handle right now. Even though I'm sicker than a dog (strep throat... again) I am happier than a clam. And clams are happy!!! I can't wait for this to be my new project. Something to keep me busy and something to look forward too. I promise she'll be lookin brand spankin new by Christmas! Maybe I'll just have to host a recital to show her off. I can't wait to play it and annoy the people downstairs!!!! Free 99: My FAVORITE price!!!

4 comments:

Brad & Donna said...

I LOVED that story! You have a way of telling things and it reminds me of someone I know really well...who could that be?........ME of course! I love you girl! :)

Great Scott's! said...

YAY KAT!!!! I love you and miss you!! When can I see and quit this vicious, repeative cycle. I'm at uvu m,w,f 9-1 and I live upstairs in the LA building all my classes are there, so If you have a minute I have a half hour break from 10:30-11 so this could be our big break to see eachother, I MISSSSS! and I so want a recital on this bad boy piano you were destine for! Ps when did you start this blog I feel I should have known sooner, with my lufs

Bryce and Lacey said...

Kat! I found your blog on Rhonda's I'm glad that you got one! Your wedding pictures are awesome! and I love that you got a free piano! That is a miracle!! I WISH I could find one!

Rhonda said...

yay! I am so excited that you got this piano, and that you started this blog! I am excited to keep up better with what is going on with you. Love you girl!