Tuesday, October 7, 2008
couldn't find a sitter?
So I'm sitting interpreting a class and in walks a student with her child. She's not the first person do have done this in her class, and I have a feeling she won't be the last. So I just gotta say it really bothers me when parents bring their children to class, ONLY because I cannot stop staring! May I just add that this little boy was so well behaved! He sat quietly for the majority of the class. On occasion he peered up at his mother from behind her laptop with his gorgeous blue eyes as if to say, "Mother, why are these people so quiet and why is that big man up there yelling at us?" He didn't whine and ask for candy every 5 minutes! I was impressed. ESPECIALLY because yesterday while Rachel and I were out for dinner there was a mother with her 3 boys and they were everywhere. At Bajio I'm pretty sure when you are ordering there is a sign that says "Please do not touch the glass." Not only was the sign ignored but the 3 children were up sitting on the ledge and acting like monkies. The ledge is pretty high up and I'm assuming the oldest boy helped himself up but the other 2 must've been lifted up and put there by their mother. Yikes-a-bee!! My heavens they were out of control! I don't have children yet so I cannot possibly fathom how hard it must be to literally juggle all of your children at once but I would hope I'd have a little more tact than to let my children run wild... in a restaurant!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yikes-a-bee is that a quote from Win a Date With Tad Hamleton? If it is, I love it.
Those children - grrrr! The mom - I would punch her in the mouth if I could guarantee that it wouldn't have upset her kids. I'm so glad we think the same :)
All I can say in defense to the mom in the restaurant is this---when you are numbered LOOK out!!! For instance--the mom in your class--one child--one mom EASY!! All children behave when they are one on one---but the mom in the restaurant was 3 to one give her a little break--imagine if it were me there 5 to one---hence the reason I stay home : )!
Post a Comment