About a week ago, one of my co-workers called me and said she was going to Lake Powell in June and wanted to trade hours with me for work. I told her I didn't really have any hours to trade her, but that if no one wanted to trade with her, I'd be willing to just cover the hours for her.
On Saturday she called me back and said that no one could trade with her, so she was willing to give the hours to me. What a blessing! It isn't much, but it's something! I am now working a total of 7 days in June. :) The shifts are a little longer too, so that's good. I just have to keep truckin along and keep my chin up!
Also we haven't heard anything yet about our house. Underwriting for loans is taking a really long time and even though we were "pre-approved" for a certain amount, it doesn't make the process go any faster. Our broker said it could take up to 2 weeks, but it could be as fast as 3 days. We are hitting the 2 week mark this Wednesday and still haven't heard anything. We are still pretty positive about it though. If we don't get the loan we'll have to start all over again, and of course that will be disappointing, but we are very hopeful for the future. As always, I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment