Here's some pictures of our recent upgrades!! Last weekend we did a ton of work! We painted, changed light fixtures, doorknobs, hinges, etc! It was so much fun though!! We replaced the "grandma" looking ceiling fan that was in our room, with this nicer sleek looking one. :) Much much better!
We painted 3 of the 4 walls in our bedroom a light gray color. It looks better in person.
Now, for my next favorite room! Our front room, the living room. We painted the wall a great purple color *(called purplicious) and it is gorgeous! We're making pillows and curtains. We have some fabrics picked out but we're on the hunt for more.
Here is the pic of most of the room, including that awesome mirror and chandelier!! We got slipcovers for our old couches, and I have to say, they look great! (Slipcovers can be difficult sometimes, but we found some for a GREAT price!)
The chandelier. We found this at an AMAZING antique shop, for a super good deal It's so pretty!! It has some cute crystals already, but I think I'll add some more sparkles to it.
The end! I'll add more pictures when I make the pillows and curtains. It'll really change the room to add some trinkets, color, and more patterns with details. I LOVE decorating my house, it is soooo much fun! Thanks to Callee for helping me out, and thanks to Trav for letting me do what I want, and not complaining. He may not see my vision at first, but he always thinks it looks good after we put it all together. More to come!
7 comments:
I love love love the purple wall. Way to take a risk and have it turn out so well!
wow... i am an idiot... didn't see these first! it looks amazing!! good work!
I love it. Decorating can be soo fun. I need you come here and do my house! We've been here for 2 years and still haven't painted yet.
wow, Kat! It looks great! I am sorry I never got over there to see your house in person! dang it! maybe next time. xoxo!
good for you, especially the couches...and i like the mirror/starburst looking thing above your main couch. such great taste you have...yes sir ee bob.....hehe
I love the purple wall! I'm so jealous would you like to come decorate my place now! Love the changes
I absolutely LOVE the purple wall.......you told me I would and you were right!
Post a Comment