I didn't believe it until I saw it for myself.
We are a subaru family. Mr T has a WRX, and I have a legacy.
Before I got a subaru, Mr. T tried to tell me that there was some sort of "Subaru club," and people that had subarus would always waive to each other in passing.
Well, I have been driving Mr. T's car up to salt lake pretty much everyday, and each time I pass someone in a subaru (particularly a WRX or STI) the driver and passengers ALWAYS waive.
It's almost as if they are saying, "Hey. You and me, we're cool, because we have subarus. Now you know the power. Enjoy it."
It's kind of wierd, but fun at the same time.
Then today, some guys in a WRX were next to me at the stoplight and started the waive/flirting with me. Then they saw my wedding ring and sped off.
I always feel super rad when I'm driving the WRX because it has wicked tinted windows, and a huge subwoofer (sp?) and the turbo power. I always have to crank the music. People are always surprised to see a little girl sitting in the driver's seat. For some reason they expect to see someone more like Travis. When they see me, they're always shocked.
It's like there's some sort of stereotype of subaru drivers. I don't fit the bill!
5 comments:
oh dont you worry- mr. jackman is actually in a subaru club. they all meet up at bars and restaurants once a week. and soobies do love each other.
Thats funny! I didnt know there is a "subaru club" ...there is a Jeep Wrangler club too. Paul just got one a few months ago, and since then everyone with a wrangler...waves! Kills me. Every time I ride in the Jeep and people start waving, I always forget and ask him if he knows them, then I remember, its a Jeep thing :) too funny.
Ha ha!!! I must tell you. When Mark found out you both have Subaru's he has been planning to get both of us Subaru's at some point. he thinks its awesome. he even has one picked out for me and one picked out for him. (i have no idea what kinds so don't ask). but we want to be in the cool club like you!
jake just got a subaru. No one told us about the club, I'll have to start paying attention...my dad has one too, his license plate says scubaru!
Did you vote for Obama? Because 99.9% of the Subarus I see have an Obama bumper sticker. :)
Post a Comment