Monday, June 13, 2011

fat and sassy

I am nearing my 20th week being pregnant and I cannot believe I'm at my halfway mark!! I will be exactly 20 weeks on Wednesday, and we have the ultrasound next week! I'm pretty excited about it!

Lately I have been feeling super fat and really sassy. Ok ok I know I'm not fat, I'm pregnant, but ugh! I still don't look pregnant yet... I just look extra chubby in the midsection and people look at me in passing... with wondering expressions on their faces. When I'm feeling extra self conscious (because I am...) I will rub my belly in hopes that they will assume I'm pregnant. Man, people can be very judgemental!

It seems like the whole world is pregnant. Everywhere we go, we see pregnant ladies everywhere! Maybe I'm just noticing it more because I am pregnant myself. Someone told me the other day, "Well it must have been a very cold winter!" Yes. It WAS a cold and dreadful winter. ;)

Ladies who have been pregnant, I have a question!!

How do you all stay so cute while pregnant?? I look at your blogs and facebook pictures and I get green with envy!! You all stay so darling and have the cutest hair, clothes, accessories and little baby bumps! I feel so frumpy with my horrible skin and too-tight clothes. We don't have money to be purchasing new maternity clothes until I absolutely need them (which might be pretty soon). I try to look nice everyday, and I paint my nails and toenails to feel more feminine, but I just feel like crud. I'd love to play with my hair, but the rest of my body is so blah, it would look disastrous. Plus, I'm trying to grow my hair out.

So... how do you girls do it? How do you stay so dang cute being pregnant? I'm incredibly jealous!! Am I just destined to feel uggo until the end?? Help me out, PLEASE!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've been blog-stalking you for awhile, haha. As far as your question goes...my sister-in-law and I have maternity clothes that we swap whenever we're pregnant; that's where I got 95% of mine! Now that I had my baby I'll give 'em back to her, with a few additions of my own. So find a friend/sister who has had kids and is not currently pregnant and see if she is willing to let you wear them until her next pregnancy.

Linda said...

Time to go shopping. :) You drive. :)

Mindy said...

When I am pregnant ...

:)

I want to see photos, woman!

Brad and Kimberly said...

just buy regular shirts and skirts in a size bigger. Maternity clothes aren't always the best and they tended to make me feel like I was wearing a tent! You are great though! Lake powell is so soon! Yay!

Karen said...

I felt the same while I was pregnant, but I look back on pictures and think I didn't look as bad as I felt. I think it's probably just rare for any woman who feels like she's getting too fat for her clothes to feel cute. You probably look just as cute as any pregnant woman you're admiring even if you don't feel it.

-Danica- said...

Everyone feels gross and ugly i think cuz you are the one carrying all the weight! Old navy always has clearance's going on and they usually have some pretty cute maternity stuff. Also for pants, check DI! (not really the ones here in provo... but the ones up farther north) I found GOOD motherhood pants in awesome condition for 3 dollars.

also, word of advice - even if you dont want pictures of yourself when you don't feel so pretty, take pictures!! You will want to look back and remember what you looked like cuz you will forget. And you will probably wanna show that cute lil baby the pictures one day :)

Christy said...

Yeah, I don't know that any pregnant woman feels cute. Just goes with the territory. Fortunately it's a temporary condition :) I also recommend mostly staying away from true maternity clothes and just wearing a larger size of regular clothes where possible. And of course you can borrow my limited wardrobe pretty soon here!

Mills said...

When I was pregnant with James I bought a huge lot of maternity clothes on ebay. Basically a woman wanted to get rid of an entire wardobe worth of maternity clothes, and she was close to my size. There must have been $700 or more worth of clothes which I got for a couple hundred. I didn't adore every single piece, but it held me over for the whole pregnancy.
And I agree about the pictures thing, I don't have any pregnancy pictures, and it seriously the saddest thing ever.