Thursday, February 10, 2011

i found this

I was digging through some old files on my computer and I found this. I wrote it when I was in college like 5 years ago: (I needed to find this today, really helped me remember who I am.)

I am Kat Shattuck.

I used to think that I was the only one

to over analyze things, but guys do it too!

I’ve realized that kisses aren’t like pretzels to give away,

and as much as I hate to admit it, I’m a sentimental kisser.

I don’t like chasing boys, but I do like chaste boys.

I’ve learned that it’s important to never judge anyone,

no matter the circumstance.

We just need to give love, and I’ve got plenty of that.

Although some friends come and go like the weather,

the best ones are the ones who will weather the storm with me.

They are my sunshine, and I LOVE the sun.

I want to walk a little slower and take deep breaths.

There really is no need to rush.

Because all of us will be lonely at some point in our life,

I am trying to be grateful and cherish the people around me.

I’ve learned that life isn’t about how

many people I have in my life,

but more importantly how many people’s lives I’m a part of.

I used to think that I had no fears,

but now I know what they are,

and I am able to admit them.

I’m learning to have moderation in all things,

and that it’s okay to be normal in emotion.

I like to dance in the kitchen and sing with

my mom, sister and suzie spanky.

I like to play on the swings and cuddle on the couch.

I like McDonald’s ice cream cones and beautiful sunsets.

For some reason I thrive off of stress.

My life is a roller coaster and if anyone wants to come along,

they better get behind and hold on tight!!

I know I’m not perfect, but of what I do, I’m dang good at it.

I know who I am.

I am Kathryn Eileen Shattuck,

A Daughter of God.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

First of all, I love what you wrote. Fantastical. Secondly, I love the font and color changes!!! Hahaha, it really made my day happier. :) I sure do love you!

Mindy said...

P.s. Dashboard told me there were two new posts. I only see one. And I frown upon being lied to.

TODD + ANNIE said...

This is the Kat I see and adore! I love when you said it is okay to be normal in emotion. I think everyone can relate to your previous feelings. Just remember you are DANG good at what you do (I am so jealous of your abilities!) and so many people love you. It is a good thing we all have different things to offer. xoxoxo

Kim said...

I lovest thou.