(Epiphany... Smee)
Today I wore many different hats of responsibilities and roles. At 9:00am I was a student. From 10:00-4:15 (with no breaks) I was a sign language interpreter. From 5:00-5:50, I was an interpreter educator. I did all of that with a smile, despite the challenges the day presented to me. With each role, I gave 110%. I was a great student, asking appropriate questions. I was an awesome interpreter, giving my clients the best language accommodations. I was a wonderful witty teacher, setting the map for the semester.
Basically, I rock.
At church, my Sunday School teacher was talking about our goals, dreams, aspirations and skills. We were talking about how sometimes people can smash them unintentionally (or intentionally) just to make themselves feel better. Some people have a real problem with others talking about their achievements and success stories. Some people call it bragging or selfishness, or trying to make others jealous. How many of you are sick of playing small so as to not hurt other people's feelings? I know I am. My Sunday School teacher looked me directly in the eyes and said,
"It ain't bragging if you can DO IT."
Enough said.
2 comments:
You DO rock! Just keep remembering that when you're feeling the pressure or the judgments of others. You're going to have a great semester!!!
I was with you for a small part of your day and you are right! You gave 110%! I didn't even realize your days are so packed. I am just loving the class, aren't you? What a blast!
Post a Comment