Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Queen Elizabeth

My little sister Lizzie got her mission call tonight, and she is going to.....

LONDON, ENGLAND!!!!

She enters the England MTC on July 3, 2009.

I could NOT be more happy for her! It seems so perfect for her, and I was thrilled to know that's where the Lord wants her. I couldn't have picked a better place myself! I guessed Europe, but never England! It's like her new home. I can already picture her there, serving. It could not fit my sister better. She is ecstatic about it, and very relieved to finally know where she is going! Needless to say, Travis and I are already planning on that being our next big trip, to ENGLAND!! She will be done in December of 2010, so we might just have Christmas over there! That will be the best Christmas ever, England, and my sister!!

I love her more than anything. She is my best friend, and the most gorgeous person I have ever met in my life. (Seriously people, she is beautiful!) I will miss her very much, and it will be like a part of me missing, but I am so proud of her. I am so pleased with the decisions she is making, and the path she has decided to take. I just know the people will love her!

When I asked her what it was like to open her call and what she was thinking, this is what she said,

"I can't explain it, it was just like this overwhelming feeling of 'BAM... God loves you. He knows you and knows what's best for you.' I was overcome, and so excited!"

So pure, so raw, so Lizzie. I love it.

Way to go Liz, I am so proud of you. This is the perfect place for you. I love you, and I will miss you.

4 comments:

Please write to: said...

Oh my new home; England! It IS perfect for me and Heavenly Father KNEW that I would be SOOOO happy! I wasn't ready a year ago but if I knew I was going to ENGLAND... SHOOT. I have so much time to prepare, those people are not going to know what hit them. I already love the people and am so anxious to share with them that which is SO special to me! London, Queen Elizabeth is on her way!!!

Kellee Marie Cook said...

I think I am going to hide in lizzie's suitcase and come along..

Shine1748 said...

You are soooooooo right, Kat. This is the PERFECT spot for Lizzie. We are so proud of her!

We, too, are going to plan a trip to visit her. Sure hope she comes home. Those Brits are very warm and welcoming and she just may decide that is where she wants to stay! Oh my gosh.......we would all miss her so much!

Your blog sounds like you really loved Hong Kong and you got some really neat pix.

Take care dear granddaughter and give Travis a big hus from me.

Lots of luvs and hugs,
Grandma Sheila

Rhonda said...

Congratulations to Lizzie! She will be an incredible missionary! Love her!