Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I gave up.

I am a short hair person. Love my hair short, always have. I was attempting to grow it out, along with my sister who is serving a mission right now. I have been craving a short cut for a while now, so I asked her permission. I sent her an email Sunday night. Monday morning I got an email from her. This was her reply:

"CUT IT. You are not happy with long hair, cut it. You need it sister. You really do. You haven't been feeling well, and you need a cut. PLUS, you rock a short cut. :)"

So, I did. TODAY. Here's what I looked like before:
(Notice, it's still short by comparison. This picture was taken back in November, so it had even grown out a bit since then.)


And here is what I look like NOW:




YES, I love it. YES, I am keeping it short. YES, I feel liberated!!!!!!!!! I am BACK!!! I was gone for about a year, but I'm back now, and ready to party. (Still don't feel 100%, but this haircut totally helped in the healing process. It was so therapeutic. (sp?) I can't wait til summer rolls around. I'm goin PLATINUM, baby!!! WAHOO!!!!!!!

17 comments:

Devin & Nikki Choules said...

It's way cute!! Love it!

Stephanie said...

DaRlInG!!!!!

Christy said...

I love it! So glad you posted pictures!

Ash & Paul said...

LOVE IT on you! I love the cut, the color, everything! I wish I could pull something fun like that, you totally do! Miss ya girl!

-Danica- said...

Ah! this totally feels more like you!! I LOVE it :)

Lacey Voris said...

looks good. glad you are happy to go back short :)

The Winkelman's said...

You know how I feel about this... you look AWWWESOME!!!

Chrystee said...

Love it!! :) Can't wait to see it in person! ;)

Mark and Callie said...

YES!!!! I love it! now we are both short-hair girls!! Soooo cute!!! I love it all the way!

Linda said...

and the amazing hairstylist is...........CHESLEY REESE!!!! You look beautiful, you know, because I just cried. I love you DollFace.

in morse code said...

oh whitney's magic works again. LOVE IT. welcome back to the fold.

Jared and Lauren said...

Way cute I love it!!

Rhonda said...

Kat,
I am so so sorry that you have had such a rough few months. I hope you are feeling MUCH better. I am glad that your mom has been there to take care of you.

I LOVE, LOVE the hair!! That is my Kat! You have the most beautiful face and this haircut certainly shows your beauty. I can't tell you how much I love it!!

I invited you to my private blog, but I only had an old email address for you. I am sure you have a new one with your married name or something, so I am not sure if you got the invite. Anyway, just stop by my old blog and let me know if you need me to invite you with a different email.

Love you girl!
Rho

Shine1748 said...

You rock Granddaughter!!!!!!!!!!!! That is just sooooooooooo cute on you!

Luv ya!

CassieU said...

soo cute kat. miss you. haven't heard from you in awhile. hope to see you around SOON! know i think of you often. your friend. God bless. tell trav hey for us.

Burton Family said...

I LOVE IT...as usual. I am with you on that one I am a short hair girl through and through. I want to get the name and number of your stylist. I have an amazing one and am sticking with her but I have a friend that wants to take the plunge into the world of short hair and you really need to go to someone that knows their stuff! Please email me katykate3@hotmail.com. I hope to get to feeling better, as always you look great and are adorable.

The Greens said...

Way cute, You probably wont read this cause its past but I love it. I have tried to cut my hair twice now and they have both ended in Disaster! It needs to be fixed again, may steal a picture of yours! love it again. Miss you girl!