Wednesday, May 4, 2011

no motherly instinct

Well folks, I'm officially in my second trimester! It has not gone by fast, contrary to popular belief!! Everyday goes by painfully slow. I technically should be feeling better, but I really don't. I'm still going to the infusion center four times a week for IV's. They ARE helping, and I would probably be near dead if I didn't have them!

I had my doctors appointment yesterday and it was pretty good. I have gained back 3 pounds (I lost 11 total in the process). So now I'm only down 8 pounds. For a while there I was measuring a little bigger, and there was a possibility that I could be having twins. That would explain why I've been so sick... but other women get just as sick and have just one. So after some begging, I was able to get an ultrasound (which apparently my doctor's office won't do until 20 weeks or later). At the ultrasound, we found out there was only one! To be honest, I was a little disappointed. I felt like I deserved two babies because I've been so sick and I should get two out of this awful hellish pregnancy. After the news settled in, I realized that it's for the best, and two babies would be just way too much work and I'm already overwhlemed thinking about having just one.

It was fun to see the baby moving around and kicking. I wish I could feel it, but I'm told I won't be able to for several more weeks. Crazy to think that I have a 3 1/2 inch baby in there and I don't feel a thing.

Also, the technician said that the baby is measuring at 15 weeks, which is a week further along than I thought. So my dates will stay the same, I'm just a week further along. Fine by me!

That's all for now I guess!

4 comments:

Linda said...

You are STILL rockin it. You really are, honey. It will be worth it....you gotta trust me. :)

Alayna said...

I agree with your momma! You're doing great and two of mine would be impossible it's definitely good to just have 1 sometimes! ;)

Hilary said...

I have to say, having been where you are a few times, I understand the disappointment at there only being one baby causing all these problems. However, being on the flip side and trying so hard to RAISE the little stinkers now, I'm sure glad they only came one at a time. (Someone might have died and I can only hope it would have been me.) Soon, at least, you'll have this snuggly little baby and you won't be puking all the time. At least you'll get SOME rest. With TWO of the little monsters, you'd never sleep...you'd be a walking milk factory/diaper changing machine. Not good! I'm proud of you for keeping your chin up and hanging in there. It's hard, but you're tough. And when you feel like you're not strong enough, call me for a pep talk, 'cause that's all you really need. Love you!

Chrystee said...

Maybe the little bean will make it up by being the ideal child, no problems with it growing up. ;-)