Tuesday, June 21, 2011

oh boy, oh boy!

I had my ultrasound today, and it confirmed what we already knew:

We're having a boy!!

I wasn't sure how I felt about it weeks ago when I had my first ultrasound but I've had some time to ruminate on the idea, and I love it! It will be an adventure full of cuts, scrapes, bruises and lots of dirt! Bring on the fun!

We are really excited and I can't wait to meet him. My family came with us to the ultrasound and let's just say we were all gushing over how cute he looks, even though we can't see much. There were squeals and giddy laughter throughout the whole thing. :) My family is pretty excited for a baby, and we are too.

I'm feeling much better and ready to go pedal to the metal with ideas, decorating and getting ready for birthing. Bring on the miniature Travis! He's going to be so cute, I just know it!

He is really healthy, everything looks great. He has a strong heartbeat, all his measurements look good, brain, cerebellum, legs, arms, head, kidneys, heart, spine....etc. He is still measuring a week ahead of schedule, but my guess/expectant date is still November 2nd. I can't tell you how comforting it is to know that our little guy is healthy and well. It's music to my ears!!

9 comments:

Linda said...

I feel so lucky to be alive and be a part of this wonderful adventure with you and Travis. Thank you for getting me through cancer and chemo. I love you both and so excited for our little fella to meet his wonderful parents. :)

Mindy said...

Feel free to name him Mindy. :)

Mark and Callie said...

YIPPEE!!!!! Congratulations both of you! I'm so excited for you!

Jared and Lauren said...

How Exciting!! Congratulations! I can't wait to see who he looks like :)

TODD + ANNIE said...

Ahhhh Kat...that is so fun! I am partial to boys at the moment :) Thanks for your comment on my blog. It made me feel better! Can't wait for you to have this baby and see his handsome little face. By the way....you should do a post on your mom's status. I haven't heard much lately. I hope everything is going well for her! I am sure this baby cheers her up and he isn't even here yet.

Alayna said...

Yay Kat! I kind of love little boys right now! ;) You will have so much fun...and honestly, I think they are as much fun to dress as little girls if not more. You'll have to send me your address...I love any excuse to shop for baby clothes!

Lacey Voris said...

Yay!! You will love it! A little Travis running around is so much fun!

Karen said...

Congratulations Kat and Travis! I'm sure you'll be great parents for this sweet boy.

Rhonda said...

Hooray! I am so excited for you! He is going to be the cutest little kid ever! You are going to have so much fun with him!! Congrats!!!