Friday, March 2, 2012

the brothers (in law)

I have some awesome brothers-in-law. I have LOTS of them, six to be exact!

Ryan. He is crazy. He is full of energy and it never stops. He is crazy about biking and has his own bike shop, too! He's good at what he does and is a great example of being healthy and exercising. Ryan's personality is a young child in a grown man's body. I admire how everything is made into a fun or exciting event when he's around. His passion for life is quite overwhelming sometimes! He loves his wife, Christy and is a super fun dad. I can tell that there is never a dull moment in their house!

Tyler. He is quite well to do, and it's because he is smart and motivated. He keeps me abreast of current events in the world and especially having to do with politics, of which I usually know nothing about! Sunday dinners are so fascinating when he brings up topics of politics, history or gospel doctrine. I always pretend I know what he's talking about but really I have NO clue!! I mostly just sit there watching the conversations fly across the table like a ping-pong ball and I'm always amazed. He is a great dad to his 3 boys and they love him so much. Tyler makes me want to be a "go-getter" and not stop until I achieve my dreams. I'll get there someday!!

Harold. Oh Harry, or Big H as some of the family calls him. Harold is awesome. He is married to Kellee and their are such a model couple. He dotes on her like you would not believe! He treats her so well as only some of us can only dream. Harold is also wicked smart and very passionate. Hailing from the south, he definitely displays the wonderful southern hospitality to all he meets. He remembers what I tell him and always follows up on what's happening in my life, and he seems genuinely interested! I appreciate that so much!

Jeffrey. He's the one that is most like Travis in hobbies and other interests. Jeffrey is super talented. He can draw and paint amazing artwork! He even drew a picture of me for Christmas one year. (Travis asked him to draw it for me). It was amazing! I've never had a picture drawn of me that actually LOOKS like me! Jeff is funny. Hilarious actually. He is outgoing and has tons of friends. Oh and don't get me started about the ladies! They swoon over him and there is quite the line-up of girls, I'm sure! Jeff is a good friend to Travis, and it's hilarious how they "fight" and wrassle. (aka wrestle).

Parker. Trav's little mini-me! We always say that Parker is Travis, but upgraded. So we call him "Travis 2.0." He is the upgraded version because he is taller than Trav, has dimples (oh so charming), does well in school (where Travis mostly goofed off), and is becoming quite well-rounded. Parker is the history guy. He knows so much about history and loves to share his knowledge with the family. I'm constantly amazed at the amount of information he is able to retain! Parker is 17 (so weird to me!) and when I joined the family he actually was my height. Now he is more than a foot taller than me. Parker is an awesome uncle to his nephews and niece and I see him doing great things in life!

Patrick. (Liz's husband.) Patrick is awesome. He is hilarious and always has amazing stories which result in gut-busting laughter from all present. Patrick is always fun to be around and that guy has style! It is reflective in his dress and house, although Liz often takes credit, he's the one that decorates and moves stuff around! I think of all my brothers-in-law, we are the most similar. We have similar temperaments, habits, ideas about life, and most of all, we both love Lizzie like crazy!! Patrick is the baby whisperer. He can calm Phineas down better than I can! Once he came over with Liz to help out. I took a shower (Phineas was screaming when I handed him to Pat) and after my shower, not only was Phineas calm, he was ASLEEP! Patrick definitely has a way with children and his nephews LOVE uncle Pat.

I love all my brothers by marriage. They are wonderful example to me and such good friends/brothers to Travis. We look up to them and the way they live their lives. We have such an amazing family!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Awesome post!!!!!! We all get to know them better too, from your posts! :)