So you all know that there's been a bug going around for the past few days, and let me assure you, this story will be different than all the rest. I'll try to make it the least graphic I can. Wednesday evening I felt very sick to my stomach and come nightfall, I was tossing cookies like no one's business. That actually lasted for a full 12 hours, it was not pretty. I thought it would be food poisoning, but I kinda felt like it was something else. I ended up going and having an IV. My body was so dehydrated, I had an entire bag in 15 minutes! It normally takes 45! They drew my blood and did a urinalysis. Come to find out, I have a freaking kidney infection! Do people even get kidney infections? Apparently I do!
I was so weak, I couldn't even hold my own weight, let alone try to get up or walk anywhere. I had a temperature of 102.5 that didn't break until later last night. I thought my brain was going to fry itself. I am very frail and weak right now, but doing a little better. Doctor said only liquids for 48 hours. That means I get to have my first meal tomorrow at 2. I might sneak and eat a saltine here and there. Real food doesn't even sound good yet. So I think I'll stick to doctor's orders. I'm on meds fight off the infection, and hopefully it'll be gone in about 2 weeks. Unless I need to change meds, because apparently there's more than one for a kidney infection! I'm so glad I had people to help me yesterday. There's no way I could have been okay alone. My mom and sister are absolutely wonderful. They came and stayed with me almost all day! I know, I'm such a baby, but I can't suffer alone! You know how sometimes you really want to punch someone in the kidney? Well if you've ever thought about doing it to me, you've got your wish... That's exactly what all this feels like. Abs, hurt. Feels like I did 5,000 crunches. Knees, sore. No explanation. Throat, yuck. And kidneys? Feels like they got punched. Still. You may not have the satisfaction of actually doing it, but what I've been through is much much worse. Feel better? I hope so.
4 comments:
Hey, girl, you are so sweet to say what you did about your baby sister and me. We are happy to help, are you kidding? How many years have you helped me? It's about time I do SOMETHING! Anyway, your sister is a champ! I could never punch you in the kidneys, because heck, I LOVE YOUR GUTS! P.S. You can always have one of my kidneys. I've got a spare. :) P.S.S. I never once saw you being a baby, and you totally could have milked it. YOU ARE THE TOUGHEST COOK-IE I KNOW!
KATHRYN!!!
Oh my goodness, I hope you are okay! That sounds terrible. I wish I could be there to make you some soup and watch 90210 reruns or something. I'll keep you in my prayers.
:( Bummer! Look at it this way...least you got it before Christmas, once Christmas is here, all your worries will be gone :) But I am sorry to hear you had that, NO FUN!!! kiss kiss.
I'm just catching up on your blog. I'm glad you're feeling better. Sorry about your poor kindney's. :)
Post a Comment