Thursday, June 2, 2011

once upon a time...

... I went skydiving. It was August 20, 2005. It HAD to be done. So my roommates and I got some friends together and we went. It was in my hometown, only a few miles from my house! (So when I was in the plane, I used the joke, "I could see my house from here!" But I bet you I really could.)

Thanks to my dad, from whom I get my dare-devilish tendencies.
Getting suited up!
About to get in the plane!!
and then I jumped out. I was scared, but thrilled.
It was amazing!!!

I LOVE how the wind distorts my face, I look so funny! I am even laughing as I type this. I look ridiculous, but man it was fun!!
Opening the chute


I made it!!!
My awesome tandem instructor!! She was awesome.

Here I am, re-telling my experience to my friends. I am making the "oh crap" face.

And here I am saying, "OH my gosh. Can't believe I just did that."

Why I post this, almost 6 years later? Well I can't help but feel like as I enter this new phase of life, I know I won't be doing stuff like this anymore. It's time to grow up and be a mom. I have no regrets at all, and at least I got it all out of my system before I even got married. It's fun to trip down memory lane for a while and laugh at how stupid I was. :)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I wish, wish, wish so badly I would have just bought the photo package when I went. I love your photos! Annnnd, yes. I think your skydiving days just might be over. ;)

Linda said...

That's what I love about you. You live every moment to the fullest and that's not the half of the scary things you've done. :) You're going to be a wonderful mother, because you're going to do it like you've done everything else. 100% !!!

The Gantor Files said...

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing! Starting this new phase of life is kinda like taking that jump, scary! but so amazing! Keep on keepin' on, you can do it :)