Monday, February 13, 2012

linda lady

I am so grateful for my mom! She is such a great source of support in my life.



She answers every one of my phone calls, even if she's in a movie, or it's 3am! She is always eager to help in any way she can.

My mom has always wanted me to achieve my dreams. She has a phrase we often hear, "make it happen!" When I tell her I want to do something or a wish of mine, she always tells me to make it happen! She's also been great at helping me to accomplish it.

My mom is so great with Phineas. He loves her and her awesome curly hair. They have a special game they play and it always gets him smiling and giggling.

She is such a helper. She comes over about once or twice a week to help out with Phineas and sit in the back seat of my car to keep him entertained while I run errands. I appreciate how she supports me in my ideas about childrearing, although I know she doesn't always agree. It means a lot to me that I am still able to fulfill my role as a mother without her stepping on my toes and telling me what to do.

My mom is fun. There's never a dull moment when she's around. She makes everything into an exciting event. With my mom it's all about the hype, so even the most boring things can become fun. Road trips with her are the best, because of this! Once when we were driving to California, she brought all the ingredients and tools necessary to make guacamole. So from the passenger seat as I was driving, she made the yummiest treat! She fed it to me with chips as we drove. She calls it "road-trip guacamole" and to this day I haven't tasted a better dip! :)

We have a lot of wonderful memories together and it's so fun to see her with Phineas because it gives me an idea of how she was with me as a child. She is such an awesome grandma; tender and loving with Phineas. She is that way as a mom as well.

There is so much more I could say about her, but it's hard with a squirmy 3 month old who likes to be held all the time. I know I don't tell her enough how much I appreciate her, and this post doesn't do it justice!

Love you mom, you're so wonderful and I am grateful for you!





Love, Me.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Holy cow! That is so sweet! I don't think of any of it as a sacrifice. I mean, what else would I be doing? I'm glad Phineas enjoys my whacky hair. I think he's about the only one and I hope he never grows out of it. :) Wait, I think Kim once said she liked my whacky hair. LOL I love you guys too, all of ya. Let's go on another road trip. Yellowstone sometime between June 10th and June 23. You heard it first here folks! :) ROAD TRIP GUACAMOLE!!!!WooHoo, and Ola!!!!

Lacey Voris said...

You are lucky your mom lives close. Take advantage of it :)