If you don't, please stop reading. :)
On Sunday night we had a little fireside at our Sunday School teacher's house. We had finished our 8 week marriage/family relations course and he wanted to throw us a little party. We played the newlywed game, had great food, and chatted with fellow ward couples. Before we went to the party, our teacher gave each of us an assignment, to write a poem about our spouse and we were going to share it (read aloud) at the end of the night. Here's what Travis and I wrote about each other! :) (VERY VERY cheesy. If you don't like that mooshy stuff, then just stop here.)
*Travis' poem to me:
Let me tell you about a little girl I know.
She’s the kind of girl who’s got a lot to show.
She’s been there, done that, she has even jumped from a plane,
When it comes to being on stage, she’s had her 15 minutes of fame.
She’s short, she’s thin, and she’s very funny,
And you may have guessed by now, she’s my honey.
She’s my buddy, she’s my pal,
She’s my good times gal.
We’re going to be together forever,
Never to be apart, no not ever.
Now to introduce the girl who’s all that,
My dear sweet wife, my darling Kat!
*My poem to Travis:
Travis is a funny guy,
He always laughs; he never cries.
Of his family, he’s the most sweet,
And of his friends, he’s the elite.
Travis is so patient and kind,
A guy like him is hard to find.
Travis can fix anything he starts
And that’s a good thing after he’s taken it apart.
He loves food and boards and extreme sports I’ve found,
But above all that, his love for me abounds.
I love that he’s so big and tall,
I love him most; I love it all.
I love his hands and his tender touch,
And when he’s gone, I miss it so much.
He holds my hand while I sleep,
And he holds my hand when I weep.
I’ve never doubted his true love for me,
Although much has changed since he got down on one knee.
Everyday I feel his love for me so strong,
Even though we haven’t been married long.
We will be newlyweds forever, cuz we have made a pact
Travis Cook I love you, and that’s a known fact.
7 comments:
You guys are sooo sweet!
I love it, I love you, and I love it! :)
Oh you guys are so cute! I love cheese!!!!
Kat, I'm totally bawling. I know what you went through to find the good one, the BEST one, and I'm so very happy that you found each other. I love you Travis. I love you Kat, and I love you even better TOGETHER. I love Travithryn and Katravis. You are 200% together. Love, Momma Shattuck
These are too cute to just stay on your blog!You need to have them in a book of poems for ALL to read! They were both so clever!
you have officially become a part of my computer... i just type in K and katravis.blogspot.com pops up.. FUN!! as to your post, i love evidence that my friends are happy!! i am all about the cheese!
Those are cute! Like my mom said...you need to hang onto those! ;) it will be fun to read them years from now. So fun!
Post a Comment