Yesterday Travis and I went to my parents house for dinner. My dad decided he wanted to teach me how to make some salsa (HIS special way). It was raining like M-A-D yesterday and he said we needed to go out and pick some tomatoes from the garden. I looked at him like he was crazy, but we ran out into the pouring rain and picked several tomatoes for the salsa.
Drenching wet, we came back into the house to cut up all the ingredients. Tomatoes, onions, cilantro...etc.
Then, the peppers.
My dad said, "Whatever you do, don't touch your eyes." Every time I brought my hands anywhere near my face my dad would quickly tell me not to touch anything.
Even inhaling the fumes from the peppers was enough to agitate my lungs! We kept coughing and wheezing!
We finished the salsa (which was amazing by the way) and I went to get Travis to come taste it.
For a split second, I forgot that I hadn't washed my hands.
Then.
I.
touched.
my.
eye.
I didn't even rub it, I just touched the corner of it for one second!
I instantly started screaming, "DAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!" He comes over to me and he knew exactly what happened. I washed my hands while my eye was watering and it hurt so bad!
I was laughing and screaming at the same time, totally embarassed but I thought it was so funny!
My dad said, "Now you know what pepper spray feels like!"
Oh man! My eye was swollen forever! My mom gave me some eye drops and it instantly neutralized the sting. SOOOO painful!
I was being so careful the entire time, until the very end. Shoot.
4 comments:
ouch...(contents of this message may not be good for all audiences.)
a male friend of mine was cutting fresh jalapenos, and then went to the bathroom....he was not happy for a while...those peppers can be very dangerous!!
glad you posted. i miss hearing from you. Oct 17th...open house probably...i'll fill you in on more details!!
I can't believe you didn't take a picture of it for our enjoyment. :) haha... okay...in all seriousness, I'm truly sorry. That sucks.
Oh I feel your pain! I've done that before and it kills... for a long time! And I didn't have any eye drops, but it's good to know they help!
LOL!! That's a hilarious story!! :) Loved it!
Post a Comment