Wednesday, October 7, 2009

we didn't start the fire!

Actually, I did.

During conference weekend I made french toast and bacon. Someone told me that our house isn't really "ours" until we cook bacon in it. So, I decided to take their advice and make some. Besides that, I really do LOVE bacon! Travis doesn't care for it. (Weirdo!) I only cooked about 6 pieces, since I was the only partaker. I had a few left over, so I put them in the fridge.

Yesterday morning I was in a hurry and decided to nuke the bacon for a bit and then take it on the run to school.

I pressed "quick min" and I thought I would just watch it and take it out after like 7 seconds. Well, I got distracted and went into the other room. When I came back to the kitchen, there was a distinct fettid smell coming from the microwave. I opened it up and there was a small flame!! I literally burned my bacon. Sad. I put out the fire and opened ALL the windows to air out the room. It smelled so bad! Luckily the smell has localized only to the microwave, but still, everytime I open it, the fumes come wofting out and sting my nostrils.

Needless to say I will be watching my mircowave more closely in the future.

I have been so accident prone lately! When I was 13 I was a horrible wreck! Falling, tripping, bumping into things and people, dropping things, burning everything, etc. I had more than 5 bruises during any given time. I complained to my mom one time and she said, "don't worry honey, you'll grow out of this awkward phase."

I never did.

I'm still waiting.

6 comments:

CassieU said...

A: who doesn't like bacon?
B: that sucks about your bacon, not only the smell and all, but guess that means you didnt' get to eat it on the way to school eh?
C: i got my buddha shirt!!! haven't worn it yet, but i look forward to it!!!
D: when can we get together?

Linda said...

A. Doesn't like bacon? A TravisP!
B. Remember, BAKE bacon. TIMER.
C. Budda shirt? Love INDIA.
D. Cassie sounds so cool!

Unknown said...

A. I'm going to keep with the trend here on the comments.
B. Travis, you call yourself and man and you don't like bacon?
C. I love bacon but I hate how the smell lingers.
D. I'm so sorry!

Karen said...

(Breaking the trend) I'll have to remember to cook bacon in my condo whenever it is that we finally get it... :)

Travis said...

It's true, I dont love bacon. its always too crispy. i dont like meat to be overcooked. i do like it on a Jr Bacon Cheeseburger though. :)

Janelle said...

I never grew out of it either;) Reading what you wrote my me laugh out loud, and miss talking to you. I'm still running into everything and knocking things over and to make it worse Isabelle is pretty clumsy too!