Hey out there. I pose a question for ya'll.
As you know, momma linda has cancer.
She will be shaving her head soon, due to chemo. She doesn't want to wait to see if her hair does or doesn't fall out, because she thinks it'd be too traumatic to see hair falling out in clumps. (I agree). She says that if she just shaves it off in the first place, it's less scary later when/if her hair falls out (which many people's does).
So here's what I wanna know:
Should I shave my head?
Before you say, "But Kat, you've got the most cutest hair in the world, and you always look darling the way you wear your hair, every time I see you! Don't shave it!!!"
.....
Lemme give you the facts:
I've always wanted to shave my head. Always.
My mom hasn't really made a decision about whether she wants me to do it or not. Many people have told me that I should do whatever my mom wants me to do.... and while I repect that answer, I don't really agree.
I think I would look hot with a shaved head. It'd show off my features more. (Ok, vain, I know. I'm REALLY trying to convince you all)
I really want some awesome steps.
I've had super short hair before- practically shaved, anyway.
Both my bosses gave me the go-ahead. They say it's A-Okay. (My one boss says she wants me to wear a wig.... I am trying to convince her that I really won't be THAT distracting). People stare at interpreters anyway, and what is a better conversation starter than, "Excuse me, I saw you signing up there. Why are you bald?"
It's not just that I want to "support" my mom. I read online that many people who shave their heads for their family and friends are doing it to support their loved ones who have cancer. Some of the people that had cancer were touched, while others didn't want that AT ALL. It depends on the individual.
For me, it's about the experience. My mom already knows I'm going to be there for her every step of the way and that I am already supporting her and cheering her on.
I want to know what it feels like to be afraid and scared so I can RELATE to my mom better. (Although I'll probably be enjoying it much more than her).
So truly, my reasons are more selfish than humbly wanting to support my mom. Even though I know I'll get mixed reponses from people, I'm still curious to know what you think.
8 comments:
i'm not sure about all the way bald, but maybe really thin on the top. it is a cool reason though :) and i support it!
You know what? If you want to do it and your bosses don't care and what does it matter whether the actual step was motivated by your mom? At least now you have a reason you can use if people ask.
I've kind of always wanted to as well, but I'm way too chicken. For me, it would help me relate to my mom's struggle more, so for that reason I would say go for it if you are willing!
SHAVE IT!! that's all i have to say :)
I just want to see a pic of it...i think most people are curious to try it, but don't have guts, or the shorter hair in the first place. so you are your own woman. unless God says NO, i say do it.
oh boy! my dear kat, well...we already chatted at work about this so i dont REALLY need to comment, but...you and i also talked about reading posts and commenting so as to avoid blog stalking:)
love you dear!
Are you in my brain?? Cause I too have ALWAYS wanted to shave my head. I think you should do it! It will be something you will always remember, you get to support your awesome mom, and you get to say "when my head was shaved...." and what girl gets to say that. Lots of love and prayers to your mom!
Post a Comment